viralfish Blog Posts

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gopro hero3+ water test freediving underwater cave - harbor seal surprise

 Coolest Experience I Have Ever Had With A Harbor Seal

Enjoy! ^_^


I post new videos every week on my youtube channel, check it out, & if you like it please subscribe!^_^

If you love the ocean, you will love my channel! 


Viral-Fish Channel Click Here




#viralfish 
                I've grown up at the beach in southern Ca and live close to some great freediving beaches, so I'm always in the ocean! I went down to the beach to go freediving yesterday and check out a few underwater caves. I've been trying to test out my new gopro hero 3+ black edition as much as I can recently! It was pretty good visibility underwater but the inside of this one cave was black. Luckily I had my new dive light with me. As I approached the cave I was going to swim through I was surprised by a harbor seal who stuck his head out. It startled me but I continued on my way. As I swam through the underwater cave I was filming I turned on my light because it went dark. As I flipped on my light I was surprised by the Harbor Seal a second time! I ended up crossing paths with the same Harbor Seal again inside the cave! He definitely startled me at first because I was not expecting to see him! I think he must have been fishing for some lobsters because they were everywhere in there! You can see the seal looking for lobsters in the underwater cave at 00:30 Please give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed it!


Before you watch the video, 
Can you spot the harbor seal in this photo? Leave me a comment and let me know where you think he is!




Click the blue link below for more action!
             
          California Sea Lion vs Harbor Seal

I think he might have been looking for lobsters, he seemed to be looking around at them inside the cave. He was not even startled one bit when I first noticed him in the cave! I definitely jumped more than he did, but then I calmed down and backed out of the cave and the harbor seal and I looked at each other as if happy to see one another. It was a very moving experience that I will never forget for the rest of my life! ^_^ I love the ocean!







Sea more on my youtube channel and instagram

Click here for viral-fish on Instagram 
Or click here for Troymac on Instagram

Thank you for watching! 

Cheers,
+Troy MacDonald




#gopro #hero3+ #seal #California #ocean #water #wet #beach #california #diving #freediving #underwater